Every motorist in Connecticut is required by law to have auto insurance with certain minimum requirements just in case the car is involved in an accident that results in property damage and bodily injuries.
Connecticut is one of the states where the at-fault system for financial liability applies. The at-fault driver meets the financial obligations arising out of the accident.
If you live in Milford, CT, and you’d like to buy auto insurance, White Oak Insurance LLC is ready to help you make the right decision.
Auto Insurance Requirements in Connecticut
The law in Connecticut requires drivers to have liability car insurance coverage to cover bodily injury liability caused to another person and property damage liability. However, you can go beyond these limits by taking additional coverage. For instance, you’d want to protect yourself and your car in case of an accident.
Remember, once policy limits are exhausted, you’ll have to incur out-of-pocket expenses. So, you’d want to have as high limits as possible.
Types of Auto Insurance in Connecticut
If you’re buying auto insurance, you’ll need to know the most common types of coverages. There are various coverages to protect the car owner, the car, and third parties. These coverages include:
- Auto liability coverage: It is mandatory in Connecticut. It helps pay for costs related to bodily injuries and property damage to another person.
- Comprehensive coverage: Covers your car against theft, fire, and vandalism. It may help you replace or repair your car.
- Collision coverage: Helps you replace or repair your car in case of a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Uninsured/underinsured coverage: Protects you in case an uninsured driver hits you.
- Personal injury protection: Covers the cost of treatment in case you’re injured in an accident
- Medical payments coverage: Covers your medical expenses and those of your passengers when involved in an accident.
Understanding each of these coverages will help you choose the most suitable policy for your needs.
Buy Auto Insurance Today
Residents of Milford, CT need auto insurance to abide by the law and to acquire appropriate coverage. The basic liability coverage is not enough to protect a car owner.
To understand the best coverage for you, get in touch with White Oak Insurance LLC. You’re guaranteed professional advice.