It’s always scary for parents when their teens start driving. That’s why we at White Oak Insurance LLC provide Milford, CT parents with detailed information and tips about this process. Follow these steps to make sure your teen gets the policy that makes the most sense for their needs.
Tips You Need to Know
When it comes time to buy a policy to cover your teen, there are many tips that you must keep in mind. These steps include how you should:
- Add Them to Your Policy — When you put your teen on your policy, you can get many exciting deals and provide them with more comprehensive policies.
- Raise Their Grades — Many insurance providers create specialized "Good Student" deals for students who do very well in school.
- Put the Car in Their Name — Register and license the car in your teen’s name to protect yourself and simplify their liability coverage.
- Take a Crash Prevention Course — Find Connecticut’s crash prevention course and enroll your teen to give them a better potential policy.
- Label Them an "Occasional" Driver — Some policies let you label your team as a "pleasure-only" or "occasional" driver, which may be good if they rarely use their vehicle.
Make sure that you talk with your provider about these tips to ensure that you execute them properly. Thankfully, most should be pretty simple to understand and give you the help your teen needs to stay safe and protected on the road.
Get the Coverage You Need
If your teen needs an excellent insurance policy right away, please don’t hesitate to contact us at White Oak Insurance LLC to learn more. We serve the Milford, CT area and beyond. We will do whatever we can to help your teen get the best policy possible, ensuring they are fully covered.